SILVERCREST HG08181B-US True wireless Bluetooth in-ear Headphones STSK 2 E5 Instruction Manual
DESCRIPTION OF SIGNAL WORDS
WARNING indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in minor or moderate injury.
NOTICE indicates information considered important, but not hazard related (e.g. messages related to property damage).
Call customer service at 1 (844) 543-5872
Visit the Website Customer Service Platform at
www.lidl.com/contact-us Visit a LIDL store for further assistance.
IAN 387692_2101 Please have your IAN number ready
Warning remarks and symbols used
The following warnings are used in this manual:
WARNING EXPLOSION HAZARD!
A warning with this symbol and word
“WARNING! EXPLOSION HAZARD” indicates the potential threat of explosion. Failure to observe this warning may result in serious or fatal injuries and potential property damage.
Follow the instructions in this warning to prevent serious injuries, a danger to life or property damage!
This symbol reminds the user to wear suitable protective hand wear! Follow this warning to prevent hand injury by objects or contact with hot or chemical materials!
A warning with this symbol notifies the user of possible hearing damage. Avoid listening at excessive volumes for prolonged periods.
Direct current / voltage
“Qi“ and the Qi logo mark are trademarks of the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC). The charging box built with Qi wireless charging technology. You can charge up the charging box via Qi wireless technology.
This symbol means that the operating instructions must be read prior to using the product.
TRUE WIRELESS BLUETOOTH® IN-EAR HEADPHON
Congratulations on your purchase. You have selected a quality product. The instructions for use are a part of the product. They contain important information about the safety, use and disposal of the product. Before using the product, please learn about all the safety information and usage instructions. Only use the product as described and for the specified applications. If you lend the product to someone else, please also give all the instructions.
These headphones are a consumer electronics device. The headphones are intended for playback of audio material via a Bluetooth® connection. If the headphones are connected to a smartphone, the headphones can also be used as a headset.
The charging and storage box is intended solely for charging and storing the headphones. The product is intended for private use only. Any other use beyond what is specified is not intended. Do not use the product for industrial or commercial purposes. Any claims for damages resulting from unintended use, improper repairs, unauthorized modifications or the use of unapproved replacement parts are excluded. The user carries the sole risk.
- USB® is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum, Inc.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by OWIM GmbH & Co. KG is under license.
- “Qi“ and the Qi logo mark are trademarks of the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC).
- The SilverCrest trademark and trade name is the property of their respective owners.
Any other names and products may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Scope of delivery
After unpacking the product, check if the delivery is complete and if all parts are in good condition. Remove all packaging materials before use. If you notice any damage or missing parts, please contact the dealer from whim you have purchased this product.
2x Headphones (1 x left and 1 x right) 1x Charging/storage box
1x USB cable (type A to type C) 2x Ear cushions – large
2x Ear cushions – medium (pre-installed) 2x Ear cushions – small
1x Quick start guide 1x Instruction manual
You will need
- USB voltage source (output voltage 5 V, min. 400 mA output current) or a Qi enabled charger with an output power of at least 2.5 W
- Bluetooth®-capable playback device
Description of parts
Before reading, unfold the page containing the illustration and familiar yourself with all functions of the product.
- Headphones (1 x left and 1 x right)
- Multi-function button (MF button)
- Optical sensor
- Charging contact pins
- Charging/storage box
- Charging ports
- Charging status indicator
- USB-C charging port[
- Ear cushions – large
- Ear cushions – medium
- Ear cushions – small
- USB cable (Type A to C)
- Qi reception area
- Instruction manual
- Quick start guide
|USB-C input voltage||USB 5 V|
|USB-C input current||400 mA|
|Qi wireless input voltage||5 V|
|Wireless charging power||2.5 W|
|Wireless charging distance to the Qi charger||≤ 0.2 in (5 mm)|
|Rechargeable battery||Li-ion polymer, 3.7 V, 400 mAh, 1.48 Wh|
|Charging capacity||up to 4 complete charge cycles for fully discharged headphones|
|Charging time of the charging/storage boxes’ built-in battery||3 hours (complete charging cycle)|
|Wireless standard||Bluetooth® 5.0|
|Supported profile||A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP|
|Frequency band||2402 to 2480 MHz|
|Max. transmitted power||< 10 mW|
|Range||32 ft. (10 m)|
|Rechargeable battery||Li-ion polymer, 3.7 V, 40 mAh, 0.15 Wh|
|Charging time||1.5 hours (complete charging cycle)|
|Operating time (music & phone)||3 hours (at medium volume)|
|Operating temperature||+50 to +95 °F (+10 to +35 °C )|
|Humidity (no condensation)||10 to 70 % relative humidity|
|Storage temperature||+32 to +104 °F (0 to +40 °C )|
|Dimensions (headphones) (charging box)||0.83 x 0.88 x 1.52 inch (21 x 22.3 x 38.6 mm)
2.14 x 2.05 x 1.06 inch (54.3 x 52 x 27 mm)
|Weight (both headphones) (charging box)||0.32 oz (9 g 1.23 oz (35 g)|
NOTICE Qi technology:
This product with wireless Qi charging technology is designed to comply with the Qi (Wireless Power Consortium) standard, but no guarantees are given for its compatibility with all products that comply with the standard. The specification and design may be changed without notification.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS. KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. INCLUDE ALL DOCUMENTATION WHEN PASSING THIS PRODUCT ON TO OTHERS.
WARNING failure to observe the following warnings can result in death or serious injuries.
- DANGER TO LIFE AND RISK OF ACCIDENT FOR INFANTS AND CHILDREN!
- Suffocation hazard! Never leave children unsupervised with the packaging material. The packaging material poses a suffocation hazard. Children frequently underestimate the dangers. The packaging material is not a toy.
- This product is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the product by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the product.
- Changes or modifications to this product not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user‘s authority to operate the product.
This product has been tested and complies with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This product generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this product causes harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the product off and on, the user is encouraged to try and correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the product and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a different circuit than the one the receiver is connected to.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio / TV technician for help
- This product complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions;
- This product may not cause harmful interference, and
- this product must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired
- Wireless interference
Turn the device off on airplanes, in hospitals, service rooms or near medical electronic systems. The wireless signals transmitted could impact the functionality of sensitive electronics. Keep the device at least 7.874 in (20 cm) from pacemakers or implantable cardioverter defibrillators, as the electromagnetic radiation may impair the functionality of pacemakers. The radio waves transmitted could cause interference in hearing aids. Do not place the device near flammable gasses or potentially explosives areas (e.g. paint shops) with the wireless components on, as the radio waves emitted can cause explosions and fire. The range of the radio waves varies by environmental conditions.
In the event of wireless data transmission, unauthorized third parties receiving the data cannot be excluded. Lidl US LLC is not responsible for interference with radios or televisions due to unauthorized modification of the device. Lidl US LLC further assumes no liability for using or replacing cables and devices not distributed by Lidl US LLC. The user of the device is fully responsible for correcting interference caused by such unauthorized modification of the device, as well as replacement of such devices. The RF Exposure Compliance distance is 5 mm.
This product does not contain any parts which can be serviced by the user. The rechargeable battery cannot be replaced.
WARNING Failure to observe the following warnings may result in death or serious injuries.
- Do not place burning candles or other open fire on or next to the product.
- If you notice smoke or unusual noise or odor, switch the product off immediately and remove the USB cable.
- Do not throw the product into fire or expose it to high temperatures.
- Do not cover the product during use or charging.
- Only charge the battery in dry environments, since the product is not splash-proof.
- Check the product before every use! Discontinue use if any damage to the product or the charging cable is detected!
- Sudden temperature changes may cause condensation inside the product. In this case, allow the product to acclimate for some time before using it again to prevent short circuits!
- Do not operate the product near heat sources, e.g. radiators or other devices emitting heat!
- Do not try to open the product! It has no internal parts requiring maintenance.
Safety instructions for built-in rechargeable batteries
WARNING Failure to observe the following warnings may result in fatal or serious injuries.
⯀ DANGER TO LIFE! Keep batteries / rechargeable batteries out of reach of children. If accidentally swallowed, seek immediate medical attention.
DANGER OF EXPLOSION!
Never recharge disposable batteries. Do not short-circuit batteries / rechargeable batteries and / or open them. They may overheat, ignite or explode.
- Never throw batteries / rechargeable batteries into fire or water.
- Do not exert mechanical loads to batteries / rechargeable batteries.
- Batteries should not be disassembled, crushed, punctured, opened or otherwise mutilated.
Risk of battery leakage
CAUTION Failure to observe the following warnings can result in injuries or property damage.
- Avoid extreme environmental conditions and temperatures which could affect batteries / rechargeable batteries, e.g. radiators / direct sunlight.
- Avoid contact with the skin, eyes and mucous membranes. In the event of contact with battery acid, thoroughly flush the affected area with plenty of clean water and seek immediate medical attention
- WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES! Leaked or damaged batteries / rechargeable batteries can cause burns on contact with the skin. Wear suitable protective gloves at all times if such an event occurs.
- This product contains an integrated battery which cannot be replaced by the user. The battery may only be removed or replaced by the manufacturer or his customer service or by a similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazards.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Prior to first use
Remove the protective foil between the headphones [1 and the charging/storage box [7.
- Charging the charging/storage box battery
Before first use, the charging/storage box battery must be charged.
Charging via USB
- Connect the charging/storage box [7 via the USB-C charging port [10 and the included USB cable [14 with a USB voltage source with an output current of at least 400 mA (e.g. a USB charger or a computer).
Qi wireless charging
- Place the Qi reception area [15 of the charging/ storage box 7[ on your Qi charger.
- Charging starts automatically when the Qi wireless charger is switched on.
- When charging is completed, the 4 charging status indicators [9 light up.
- The charge status is shown via the charging status indicator [9 on the charging/storage box [7
Charging the headphones
Before first use, the headphones must also be charged.
- The headphones [1 and the charging/storage box [7 can be charged simultaneously.
- The headphones only fit into one of the charging ports [8 respectively.
- Insert the headphones in the charging ports [8 of the charging/storage box [7.
- Charging begins automatically.
- The indicator LEDs [2 of the headphones [1 show the current status.
- The headphones  begin charging automatically when at least one headphone is inserted into a charging port .
- Checking current battery capacity status of the charging/storage box : Remove one headphone  from the charging port . When you insert the headphone back into the charging port, the charging status indicator  will be activated. The current battery capacity status is indicated by the charging status indicator  on the charging/storage box:
● Turning on the headphones
- To turn on the headphones, remove them from the charging ports [8.
● Turning off the headphones
- To turn off the headphones, insert the headphones in the charging ports [8 of the charging/storage box [7.
● Manually turning off the headphones
- To save energy, the headphones turn to off mode automatically when they receive no signal or cannot pair for 5 minutes.
- Turning the headphones to off mode manually: In paired mode, press and hold the MF button [3 for 5 seconds. When the headphones are paired to each other, this turns both headphones to off mode. The Bluetooth connection is ended automatically.
- Briefly press the MF button [3 for 3 seconds to power on the headphones again.
● LED status
|Flashes red/white||Waiting for Bluetooth device to pair|
|Flashes white||Headphones paired with Bluetooth device|
NOTICE If the headphones have already been paired to each other, the right headphone is already connected to the left and flashes white only.
● Pairing the headphones to each other
To hear sound through both headphones in stereo, they must be paired to each other.
- When you remove the headphones from the charging ports [8, they automatically pair.
- If the headphones do not pair to each other, reset them to the default settings (see “Resetting to default settings”).When the headphones are paired to each other and are awaiting connection to a Bluetooth device, the master headphone flashes red / white and the slave headphone white only.
NOTICE The slave headphone connects to the master headphone only. The master headphone connects to the Bluetooth device.
● Pairing the headphones with a Bluetooth device
- Remove the headphones from the charging ports [8.
- When the headphones are ready to pair, the indicator LED on the master headphone flashes red/white.
NOTICE If the headphones have already been paired to each other, the slave headphone is already connected to the master headphone and flashes white only.
- On your Bluetooth playback device, search for a product named STSK 2 E5 and pair with the product. If your Bluetooth device prompts you to enter a password, enter 0000.
To reset the headphones, follow below steps:
- Disconnect the left and the right headphone [1 from a playback device:
– Remove one of the headphones (left or right) from the charging/storage box [7. Press the MF button 3 times in quick succession until the LED 2[ briefly flashes red/white. Insert the previously removed headphone back into the charging/storage box [7 to complete the reset.
– Remove the other headphone from the charging/ storage box [7. Press the MF button 3 times in quick succession until the LED [2 briefly flashes red/white. Insert this headphone back into the charging/ storage box [7 to complete the reset.
- Both headphones [1 are now successfully reset.
NOTICE However, the Bluetooth connection to the playback device remains.
● Headset for phone calls / Playback control
You can use the headphones as a headset for phone calls and to control playback. The table describes operation with a connected smartphone. Other devices may react differently
|MF button 3[||Call functions||Signal tone|
|Press 1 x||Accept call||2|
|Press right MF button 2 x||Redial||1|
|Press and hold for 2 seconds||Reject call||1|
|Press 1 x||End the current call and answer call waiting*||–|
|Press and hold for 2 seconds||Switch between 2 calls (toggle)*||2|
|MF button 3[||Playback functions|
|Press 1 x||Pause/playback|
|Press and hold for Right MF button for 2 seconds||Start next track|
|Press and hold for left MF button for 2 seconds||Back to previous track|
These functions must be supported by your mobile service
- The ring tone (or the voice announcement “Incoming call”, depending on your phone) and the caller‘s voice are rendered through the speaker.
- The microphone [5 captures your voice.
- Music playback is automatically paused when a call is received. Music continues after the call has been ended.
● Voice control function with Siri / Google Assistant
- Activate Siri or Google Assistant on your mobile device.
- iOS: Complete the Siri setup. Then, use Siri to activate this product’s voice control function.
- Android: Open Google Assistant. Follow Google Assistant’s instructions to complete settings before using this product’s voice control function.
NOTICE Google Assistant is available on devices with Android 5.0 or above.
- Activate the Bluetooth function. Pair this product with your mobile device.
- Press the left MF button [3 twice in quick succession to activate the voice control function. Now you can use the voice control function.
● Optical sensor
- Both headphones [1 are equipped with an optical sensor [4.
- When you remove a headphone [1 from your ear, the audio playback will be paused.
- When you insert the headphone [1 back into your ear, the audio playback will continue automatically.
● Changing ear cushions
Before changing the ear cushions: Power off the product.
- Remove the medium size ear cushions [12 from the headphones (fig. C).
- Select the small or large size ear cushions [11 [13 and push them onto headphones [1 (fig. D).
● Cleaning and maintenance
CAUTION Potential damage to the product!
- Switch the product off and remove all plugs before cleaning!
- Be sure moisture does not enter the product during cleaning to prevent damage to the product and related repairs.
- Only clean the product with a slightly dampened cloth and a mild cleaning agent!
- Store the product in a dry environment, protected from dust and direct sunlight.
- Store the headphones in the charging/storage box .
- Prolonged storage: To prevent battery deterioration, the rechargeable battery has to be charged at least once every 12 months.
= Possible cause
= No functions
= Battery drained.
= Recharge the battery as described in “Charging the charging/storage box battery“.
= No Bluetooth connection
= Error operating the headphones.
= Switch the headphones off and on again.
= Bluetooth device error.
= Separate the connection to the headphones. Reconnect.
= Check if the headphones work in combination with another Bluetooth device.
= Bluetooth connection error.
= Move closer to the device connected via Bluetooth.
= No sound
= Error operating the Bluetooth device.
= Increase the volume on the playback device.
= Bluetooth connection error.
= Move closer to the device connected via Bluetooth.
= Disconnect the Bluetooth devices. Reconnect.
= Unable to use all functions
= Error with Bluetooth device.
= Check whether your Bluetooth device supports all functions.
= Qi-wireless charging of the charging/ storage box  does not start.
= The charging/storage box  has become warm as a result of charging.
= Remove the charging/storage box  from the Qi charging surface to let it cool. Check if the product is damaged.
= This product is in a location where strong radio waves or noise is being generated, such as TV towers, electric power plants, or gas stations.
= In these environments, use other output ports, such as a USB Type C port for charging the charging/storage box .
= Wireless charging does not start.
= The charging/storage box  is not placed at the center of the Qi mark location of the Qi wireless charger.
= Make sure the charging/storage box  is placed at the correct position at the centre of Qi wireless charger.
= Make sure that there are no other objects on the wireless Qi reception area .
= The wireless charging speed is slow.
= The wireless Qi reception area [15 is too far away from the centre of the Qi wireless charging surface.
= Make sure the wireless Qi reception area [15 is placed at the correct position at the centre of the Qi wireless charging surface.
= Charging does not start even after the product has been placed in the charging area.
= The product has not been positioned correctly.
= Position the product near the mark in the centre of the charging area. Before starting with wireless charging, read the instructions provided with the Qi wireless charger as well
Dispose of the packaging through your local recycling facilities and in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
Please note the package markings regarding waste separation, indicated by abbreviations (a) and numbers (b), meaning: 1–7: plastics / 20–22: paper and cardboard / 80–98: composite materials.
Contact your local waste management authority for additional information on how to dispose of the used product.
To help protect the environment, please dispose of the product properly when it has reached the end of its useful life, do not throw in the garbage. Information on collection sites and their opening hours is available from your local authority.
Improper disposal of batteries can damage the environment!
Never throw batteries in the garbage. They may contain toxic heavy metals and must be handled as special waste. The chemical symbols of heavy metals are: Cd = cadmium, Hg = mercury, Pb = lead. Used batteries should therefore be disposed of through a local collection point.
● Three year limited warranty
What does this warranty cover?
The warranty covers:
- Damage, breakage or inoperability due to
- Damage not caused by normal wear and tear or failure to follow the safety and maintenance instructions provided in the user
What is not covered by the warranty?
The warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- Normal wear and tear of the product, including fragile parts (such as switches, glass, );
- Improper use or transport;
- Disregarding safety and maintenance instructions;
- Accidents or acts of nature (e.g. lightning, fire, water, ).
- Tampering with the product (such as removing cover, unscrewing screws )
Consequential and incidental damages are also not covered under this warranty. However, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
What is the period of coverage and warranty resolution?
The warranty is for 3 years from the date of purchase. At our discretion, product will either be refunded or replaced.
What will we not do?
We will not:
• Start a new warranty period upon product exchange;
• Repair product.
How to process the warranty?
To initiate, please:
- Call customer service at 1 (844) 543-5872
- Visit the Website Customer Service Platform at www.lidl.com/contact-us or
- Visit a LIDL store for further assistance To ensure the quickest warranty return process, please have the following available:
- The original sales receipt that includes the date purchased;
- The product and manual in the original package;
- A statement of the problem.
What must you do to keep the warranty in effect?
- Retain the original receipt;
- Follow all product instructions;
- Do not repair or modify the product.
How does state law relate to this warranty?
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. All implied warranties are limited by the duration and terms of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|SILVERCREST HG08181B-US True wireless Bluetooth in-ear Headphones STSK 2 E5 [pdf] Instruction Manual|
TRUE WIRELESS BLUETOOTH IN-EAR, HEADPHONES STSK 2 E5, HG08181A-US, HG08181B-US